Our graduates work at:
We Are A Leader in Game Education
Since 2010, Game Art Institute has transformed thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education. Founder Ryan Kingslien focuses on today’s most in-demand skills and in bringing out the best in students. He and our instructors are constantly working with what’s needed in education and the arts.
When you learn from us, you get:
- Strategically Curated Coursework
- Knowledgeable Instructors
- A Global, Professional Community of Alumni
- Career Results with Mentorship each step of the way
What Makes GAI Exceptional?
- We are committed. We teach you how to learn and use your knowledge for continuous growth and development.
- We make connections. We have a community of graduates with whom you can network, setting you up for success on the job, and in life.
- We offer Payment Options.
- We believe that your success is our success.
OUR STUDENTS LOVE US
The greatest learning experience I have ever been through. With real world practice, with real world masters of the craft using current applications of industry standards.
OUR BOOTCAMPERS LOVE US
Listen from people that joined the Bootcamp
”A thriving community of dedicated people that made art and games their living. You are not born with talent, you master it, they are ready to show you how.Natanael Rey
”The greatest learning experience I have ever been through. With real world practice, with real world masters of the craft using current applications of industry standards.Ira Zhang
”For me, having enrolled in the Environment Bootcamp has been one of the best decisions i have taken as an artist.Isaac Rivera Gómez
”One of the best career decisions I have ever made.Andre Pires
”The greatest learning experience I have ever been through. With real world practice, with real world masters of the craft using current applications of industry standards.David Laury
”It’s more than just an online classroom. It’s a solid, tight-knit community that works together towards the long run.Roy Portillo
”An incredible resource for me as an aspiring 3D artist. The classes offered are led by some of the industry's top talents who take you step by step through the process of creating AAA quality art for games.Matthew Gillmeister
What to expect from the
Game Artist Bootcamp
In this online program, you don’t have to hunt for information anymore.
Ryan Kingslien will be your guide as you go through hours of lessons and training from over a dozen different and amazing artists.
Once the Bootcamp begins, you’ll meet with your Mentor and cohorts every few days with new assignments and new assessments to keep you making progress towards your dream career.
By the end of this course, you’ll work like today’s professional game artists and have a body of work to upload to ArtStation.
- During the Bootcamp, you will use the same software and workflow pipeline that AAA game studios use to create your game assets.
- Expect to commit about 20-30 hours every week towards the Bootcamp.
- You will meet twice a week with your cohorts, and with your Mentor and Game Art Institute Founder Ryan Kingslien to review new assignments and receive new assessments.
- All Bootcamp students will have access to tutorials and lessons from our amazing instructors, including Adam Skutt, Jarad Vincent, Shawnell Priester, Melissa Altobello, Mike Defeo, Brett Briley, Jason Martin, Hossein Diba, Eric Wilson, Steve Lord, Josh Herman, and Melissa Mazzocco.
- Any skill level welcome
- Intensive Course
- 4 months
- Live Meetings
- Assignments: 4 Sprints
- Feedback: Mentor & Community
You Will Master
- Know how to use the same software that AAA game studios use.
- Have learned the difficult craft of being a Character Artist. Including how to create Hair.
- Award-Winning Instructors
- AAA Film and Game Artists
By the end of the course
- Have deep dived into anatomy with hours of digital dissection using our scan library.
- Have learned how to create modular interior and exterior game environments
CHOOSE YOUR TRACK
Everything You Need To Be A Game Artist
While everyone goes through the first track to create a realistic in-game prop,
Next Enrollment Date
CHARACTER ARTIST TRACK
Learn how to think about anatomy, skin, clothing and much more.
ENVIRONMENT ARTIST TRACK
Learn the skills of one of the most dynamic jobs in the industry today.
AR / VR DEV TRACK
Learn and apply the skills you need to create professional VR experiences
Week 17 - 52
Guidance ( Bonus )
Apply to jobs regularly and get career guidance from the community as well as continuing crits on your work to keep your momentum going.
Try It Now
OR 6 MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF $598
- 8 Modules of carefully curated content
- Real-world projects for your portfolio
- In-depth character creation modules
- In-depth environment creation modules
- Bonus: Stylized Character modules
- Bonus: Anatomy Modules
- Access to our private Social Network with over 1,000 members.
- Bonus: Access to the GUILD where we produce weekly LIVE interviews & crits.
- 16 weeks of weekly LIVE meetings with a mentor.
Like what you see?
There’s never been a better time to be a well-trained 3D Artist. The Game industry is growing and offers stable employment for artists trained in craft and the latest software.
Our students are artists, engineers transition into the arts, people just out of college, people who couldn’t afford to go to college, VFX artists, baristas – artists who, just like you, have a passion for creating environments for the film and game industry.
By the end of the course, you will have:
- Completed one primary portfolio project.
- Learned about character and environment creation from experienced game artists.
- Prepared yourself with the foundational knowledge you need to begin a career of continuous learning.
We don’t want financial obstacles to get in the way of you achieving your dream job so we offer payment plans for those who qualify. Note, you must first be accepted into the program before applying for financing.
The Bootcamp is intensive. You meet twice a week with your mentor and cohorts and should expect to put in about 20-30 hours of work each week.
The Self-Paced course allows you to move through the lectures at a pace that is comfortable for you. You will have 12 months of access to the materials and the community.