3D printing has become a big industry and artists that understand the ins and outs of working with the current machines are in high demand.
Learn how to apply practical workflows to sculpt miniatures with one of the Industry’s leading artists, Bob Plociennik. Bob has been designing and printing 3D miniature
sculptures for about 4 years and currently works fulltime for Mierce Miniatures.
Bob will teach you the workflows for sculpting miniatures in ZBrush with the objective of 3D printing your model. You will learn all the steps in the pipeline and understand how to prepare your model to print successfully.
This course on Creating 3D Printed Miniatures In ZBrush will consist of six modules of live lessons and reviews. You’ll learn core modeling and printing skills and workflows and be part of a community of artists working to achieve next level quality in their work.
What You’ll Learn
The course will go through the full process of sculpting and preparing models for 3D printing. The emphasis will be on creating on a small scale and for miniatures as you work through anatomical and facial details, accessorizing with armor and weapons, achieving dynamic poses and adding clothing elements and textures. Students will learn how to get the most out of the various tools to get the best results.
By the end of the course, students will learn how to cut and key parts for optimal 3D printing. They should also have gained knowledge on how to troubleshoot new problems or tasks for texturing.
By The End Of The Course
- Know the principles for working with small-scale sculptures.
- Know the workflow for cutting and keying parts for 3D printing.
- Have mastered your way through the miniatures pipeline.
- Have created your own miniature sculpture from concept to completed 3D print.
Principles Of Designing Models For 3D Printing & Basics Of Human Anatomy
- Learn principles of designing models for 3D printing and casting
- Basics of human anatomy
- Facial details for small-scale models
Creating Equipment For 3D Printed Miniatures
- Creating armor for 3D printed fantasy miniatures
- Creating weapons for 3D printed fantasy miniatures
- Learn the principles of designing any other piece of equipment for 3D printed miniatures
Achieving Dynamic Pose
- Creating low resolution mesh and re-projecting details
- Learn the workflow for posing within ZBrush
- Achieving dynamic pose
Clothes, Fur, Hair
- Creating clothes for 3D printed miniatures
- Creating dynamic capes and banners with the thickness required for 3D printing
- Learn principles of creating fur for 3D printing and casting
- Workflow for creating Alpha 3D Brushes for faster fur sculpting
- Creating Nanomesh Brushes for the best chainmail and scalemail effect for miniatures
- Sculpting hair and beards for 3D printed miniatures
Principles Of Cutting Parts For 3D Printing & Casting In Resin And Metal, Exporting Parts
- Learn the principles of cutting miniatures for 3D printing and casting in resin and metal
- Exporting and making parts ready for printing.
- Hollowing parts in Meshmixer
Bob is a Digital Sculptor with four years of experience in designing and producing 3D printed miniatures.