This foundation course is designed to introduce gamers and aspiring artists to the working methods of a professional artist in the games industry.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to build a High Resolution mesh
- Construction Mesh Approach
- How to build your Low Resolution mesh
- How to layout UVs
- PBR workflow using Substance Painter
- The keys to creating authentic materials in Substance
- Exporting For Game Engines
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU’LL:
- A finished Real-Time asset for your portfolio at today’s game resolution.
- A comprehensive grasp of modern game PBR pipelines.
- Experiencing creating the high resolution model that you need for today’s competitive marketplace.
- Confidence in your ability to create Game Art.
HIGH RESOLUTION MODEL
- Learn our Construction Mesh approach
- The five basic polygonal modeling tools
- Creating cylindrical forms for Baking
- Floaters & kitbashing
LOW RESOLUTION MODEL
- Low Poly logic
- Optimizing curves
- How to use triangles & poles
- What goes in Normal Map and what goes in Geometry
- Intro to UVs in 3ds Max
- Simple ways to lay them out in 3ds Max
- How to work with long forms
- Creating the Texture Sets for Substance
- Baking in Marmoset
- Establishing the Cage
- Baking multiple UDims
- Creating authentic materials
- Painting in the Normal Map
- Exporting for other engines
- Rendering in Iray
- Setup in Marmoset
- Marmoset Materials
- Lighting in Marmoset
- Creating A Turntable
Andre is a self-taught Character Artist from Portugal and currently works at Actalogic, which is based in Slovenia.
He started his Game Art career in 2014 and is a proud GAI Student and Mentor.
Artist, motivator, and teacher, Ryan is known to ignite the spark in people with his teachings and humor. Also known as an Anatomy Guru and ZBrush Teacher he has taught more than 25,000 students across the globe.
An artist himself and lifelong learner,Ryan shares his life experiences and lessons with all his students through webinars, writings, and video lessons. He is a programmer, a writer, a digital artist, a traditional artist, a devoted husband and father of two lovely kids.
Ryan is the CEO and founder of one of the first online schools for Digital and Traditional Arts — Game Art Institute, ZBrush Workshops, and UArtsy — where he has taught his artistic strategies and techniques to hundreds of thousands of people.
Ryan was also part of the the team which brought groundbreaking software “ZBrush” back in the day.