Learn The Workflows To Create A Fully Textured, Game-Ready Environment
In this course, you’ll be going through the process of building a personal environment for your portfolio.
You will explore different software to create your assets, while keeping the main focus on the overall composition and mood creation of your environment in Unity.
This course on Modular Environment Creation will consist of nine modules of recorded lessons and live reviews. You’ll learn core environment creation skills and workflows and be part of a community of artists working to achieve next level quality in their work.
What You’ll Learn
The course will cover workflows for modelling blockouts, setup in Unity, texturing and shader techniques, set dressing, rendering, and lighting in Unity. Students will learn the pipeline to create an environment from level design to final look in Unity.
By the end of the course, students will understand the workflows from blockout to modeling, sculpting and mood creation. They should also have gained knowledge on how to troubleshoot new problems or tasks.
By The End Of The Course
You’ll Know How To:
- Know how to set up lighting inside Unity.
- Know how to dress your scene with assets.
- Have mastered your way through the environment pipeline in Unity.
- Have created your own environment from reference to portfolio-ready.
Introduction & Reference
- Course Introduction
- Course Goals
- Gather References For Scene
- Start Modelling
- Create Blockouts Of All Assets
Setup In Unity
- Set Up Assets In Unity
- Start Layout
- Set Up Cameras
- Set Up Basic Lighting, etc.
- Progress From Blockout Stage Models
- Add Details
Texturing For Modular Assets
- Learn How To Work With Different Texturing & Shading Techniques
- Texture Assets
Dressing Scene In Unity
- Dress Scene
- Add Textured Assets
Lighting & Rendering In Unity
- Learn Render & Light Settings In Unity
- Light Scenes
- Add Final Touches To The Scene
- Finalize Renders Of Scenes
Feedback & Critiques
- Critiques & Feedback From Tobias Forsling
My name is Tobias Forsling and I’m a Lead Environment Artist working at Palindrome Interactive in Skövde, Sweden.
I’ve been working as an Environment Artist for a little over 3 years now and I absolutely love it! Bringing a world to life and telling its story is such a fun and challenging task!
Next to my job, I also spend time exploring the world via photography as well as exploring other aspects of game development, such as shader and tool development.